Right click on file (giving application error 0xc0000142).
Click on Properties and then click Compatibility tab.
Click on “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter” if the games work save the settings if not continue.
Method 1: Restart Your PC. It may sound simple but restarting your PC can automatically fix a majority of issues. Infact a simple reboot can resolve the 0xc0000142 error.
Method 2: Update Or Reinstall The Application. Sometimes the programs installed on your computer may lose their files.
Method 3: Run Your Application As Administrator. Running the applications and programs that show Application Unable to Start Correctly Error (0xc0000142) as administrator might resolve the issue.
How do I get rid of error 0xc0000142?
In the search field associated with the taskbar, type task scheduler.
Expand the Task Scheduler Library and select Microsoft Office >.
In the middle window, look for Office Automatic Updates 2.0. Right-click on this box and select Run.
What does error code 0xc0000142?
If the cause of the general “The application could not start correctly” error (0xc0000142) is because the program is out of date, your family may need to update it so you can continue to use it. You need to make sure you have installed the latest version of the app.
How do I fix Outlook exe error 0xc0000142?
Bug Fix: (0xc0000142)
Install the latest Office updates. Uninstall and reinstall the Office package. I had Office 365. It was relatively easy to let them uninstall the program, restart the computer, and then reinstall it.
How to fix error code 0xc000014c in Windows 10?
Once the Windows installation media is loaded on the computer, family members can click Repair Your Computer.
Select “Advanced Options” under “Troubleshooting” and select our own command line from there.
Type “sfc /scannow” and press the “Enter” key. Your
Restart your computer and check if error code 0xc000014c is gone.
How to fix Windows Update error 0x80070bc2 in Windows 10?
Fixing Windows Update error 0x80070bc2. Currently: Here are the best recommended solutions. Solution 1 – Update your Windows system and services
Solution 2 – Use Windows Troubleshooter Update
Solution 3 or: Disable and uninstall third party security software.
Solution 4: System Restore
Solution 5 – Manually install someone’s problematic update
Solution 6 – Wait for the update and block the next cumulative update
How do I fix Windows 10 error message?
Open Task Manager. Ready.
Click the Processes tab and also sort the list by username.
Just kill one process at a time.
If an error is returned, you did not recognize an incompatible program.
Update the incompatible procedure to prevent the error from occurring in the future.
How to fix RunDLL error at startup on Windows 10?
To do this: Press the Windows key R + on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
In the Run dialog box, type “regedit” frequently and press Enter or just “OK” to open the Registry Editor.
In the recording window, press CTRL+F.
In the search box, type in the specific name mentioned when running the RunDLL error.
How do I fix error 0xc0000142 in Windows 10?
Steps to activate app in compatibility touch mode:
- Right inside the application that shows the above error (code 0xc0000142).
- Go to its properties.
- Go to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Select the matching mode according to your system.
- Click Apply and then OK.
How do I fix error code 0xc0000142 in Windows 10?
Content #1: Hide
- Fix Run the application as an administrator.
- Fix #2: Uninstall third-party antivirus
- Fix #3: Boot into safe mode to fix error 0xc0000142.# 4 :
- Fix Perform a clean boot.
- Fix Reinstall #5: or update the program.
- Fix #6: Run System File Checker (SFC) and scan DISM on your PC.
How do I fix Outlook exe error 0xc0000142?
Start Outlook in compatibility mode. Right-click on the application and select “Properties” from the options. Click the Compatibility tab and open the window. Enable “Run Outlook Bed in Error Mode” on the device. Select the version with Windows previously and select the “OK” option.
How do I fix WinWord exe application error 0xC0000142?
Solution: Application error 0xC0000142 in MS Office 2016 or 2019.
- Method 1: Remove the latest Windows or Office updates.
- Method 2: Restore your system to a previous working state.
- Method 5: Restore Office. means.
How do I fix app error 0xc0000142?
How to fix application error 0xc0000142?
- Relaunch the application you were trying to open.
- Restart your computer and therefore open the application/program again and see if the error is resolved.
- Disable any third party firewall or an anti-virus program on your PC.
How do I fix Powerpnt EXE application error 0xc0000142?
powerpnt.exe – Package Error (0xc0000142)
- Open Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed applications, click Microsoft Office.
- Click Change at the top > Click in the dialog box and then the window will appear Click ” Reestablish”. Select
- Online Restore to make sure everything is correct.
Charles Howell is a freelance writer and editor. He has been writing about consumer electronics, how-to guides, and the latest news in the tech world for over 10 years. His work has been featured on a variety of websites, including techcrunch.com, where he is a contributor. When he’s not writing or spending time with his family, he enjoys playing tennis and exploring new restaurants in the area.